Thursday, July 12, 2012

Note to self--let it go-- SURVIVE!

SURVIVE--the pink and white party
to benefit breast cancer
at the Hotel Sax Chicago
on Sunday July 29th.
JULY 12th, 2012

So I'm twittering--survive, survive, survive. 

I'm facebooking--survive, survive, survive.

I'm talking to my interns about how we are going to promote survive.  "We are going to message everyone privately, then message then in the group, then tag them in a picture, then tweet them   Survive here. Survive there.  Hey let's put Survive everywhere---Happy, happy, happy, right?  Nothing heavy then -- BAM!

The mother of one of the models calls me up, and right there in the middle of my facebooking she goes into a SURVIVOR STORY.  I can feel her about to open up, and really I'm afraid.   "No, oh no,. not in the middle of my facebooking, I won't know what so say.   I'm fine with the cause, no I really am; but, I don't make me really think about cancer....", I'm saying to myself.  But luckily she shared with me.  And her sharing made me feel really appreciative, and spiritually connected.

They Survived.  Her daughter is so beautiful too.  And she is really smart and hardworking.  She is studying to go into the medical field.  They take test regularly.  They found a doctor with solutions.  And I can hear the happiness in her mother's voice.  Okay it wasn't so bad-- WE SURVIVE.

So I'm feeling rather strong after SHARING.  Right fist pump, I'm not a kid anymore.  I'm grown.  I can handle this.  If you're gonna have a benefit then people are definitely going to share things with you, Robert. 

My interns are looking up to me.  I was mature.  I'm a role model, right? 

So, I go on with my day, and it's coming together rather nicely.  I run some errands, and I get back home, and I'm facebooking again survive, survive, survive. I start emailing out vendor packets, survive, survive survive, and then BAM!

I get another call from Atia's mom from Project Lady Bug, and yes she gives me another survivor story.  This one involves a child, and I start thinking about my daughters and THIS TIME I FOLD.  I end up confessing.

"When my mother was on her dying bed with Cancer, I ran away to study abroad in West Africa!" 

Robert are you ***king serious it was 15 years ago, and you are still feeling guilty about that, still ashamed, still going in circles.

And so now the SURVIVOR who fought her own battle with cancer, and walked her daughter through a successful fight with cancer has to console YOU!

At some point it's just too much--LET IT GO ALREADY!

LOVE ROBERT

No comments:

Post a Comment